Loans for internationally trained professionals
Achieve your dreams and work in your field in Québec!
With Microcrédit Montréal’s loan program, you – as an internationally trained professional – can secure financing of up to $15,000 to get your credentials recognized faster and work in your field in Québec. Let’s work together to build your future.
Support and financing to get your credentials recognized
How we lend
- Loans ranging from $500 to $15,000
- Low variable interest rate : Desjardins’s prime rate + 1%
- Repayment period: 4 years average
- No early repayment penalties
- Line of credit converted to term loan after two years
- Follow-up by one of our advisors
- Loans will be disbursed in partnership with the Caisse d’économie solidaire Desjardins
What our loans cover
- Short-term upgrade course (less than two years)
- Language training (related to the career project)
- Training equipment purchases
- Qualification assessment
- Examinations required by the regulatory body (e.g., regulated profession or trade)
- Professional order enrolment
- Other related expenses : child care expenses, living expenses, etc.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, temporary worker or accepted refugee
- Wish to work in the same or a related professional field
- Require an official certificate, credential upgrade or additional training to access the Quebec labour market
- Basic language proficiency (English or French)
- Know the steps involved in the recognition or upgrade required to access your profession
Apply for financing
Fill out the loan evaluation form
Send the completed form to us by email or mail, with all required documents
After receiving your application, one of our advisors will contact you by phone or email to guide you through the process.
We’ll be happy to help!
Get your diploma equivalency or Quebec licensing faster
Whatever your professional field is, if you need official certification, refresher training or complementary training to access the Québec labour market, we can help you.
Find information about practising your profession in Quebec
Are you an internationally trained architect?
Do you want to work in your field in Québec?
You need to contact the Ordre des architectes du Québec (OAQ) and the Canadian Architectural Certification Board (CACB), which are the organizations that evaluate architecture degrees, through a certification process.
Our program can provide a loan of up to $15,000 to get your credentials recognized and obtain your license to practise your profession.
Please visit the Ordre des architectes du Québec (OAQ) website for more information >
A financing solution for graduates from outside Québec!
We’re making a real difference and we’re not the ones saying so.
German Rodrigo Godoy Cardenas
Engineer, member of the order of engineers of Québec