Internationally trained professionals
Make your dreams come true here in Quebec
The Microcredit Montréal loan program can help you, as an internationally trained professional, secure up to $15,000 in financing to get your credentials recognized faster so you can start working in your field in Quebec. Let’s work together for your future.
How we lend
- Loans ranging from $500 to $15,000
- Social contribution: 4% per year
- Administration fee: 1% of the authorized loan amount
- Repayment period: 4 years maximum
- No early repayment penalties
- Regular follow-up by one of our advisors
What our loans cover
- Short-term upgrade course (less than two years)
- Language training (related to the career project)
- Training equipment purchases
- Qualification assessment
- Examinations required by the regulatory body (e.g., regulated profession or trade)
- Professional order enrolment
- Other related expenses
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or accepted refugee
- Have lived in Canada for 10 years or less
- Wish to work in the same or a related professional field
- Require an official certificate, credential upgrade or additional training to access the Quebec labour market
- Basic language proficiency (English or French)
- Know the steps involved in the recognition or upgrade required to access your profession
Apply for financing
Fill out the loan application form
Send the completed form to us by email or mail, with all required documents
After receiving your application, one of our advisors will contact you by phone or email to guide you through the process.
We’ll be happy to help!
Stay in the loop
We change lives. But don’t take our word for it.
German Rodrigo Godoy Cardenas
Engineer, member of the order of engineers of Québec