Collecting personal information
We collect the personal information detailed below but do so only in accordance with this Policy and in accordance with the provisions of the Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector.
- Identifying information: Name and surname(s); e-mail and postal addresses; telephone number; profession; Amounts of donation paid (donors); Banking information (donors); credit card numbers (donors).
- Information on exchanges with Microcrédit Montréal: Communication written by email or other online forms.
- Information about the use of our website: information collected through cookies, i.e., cookies; IP address, website browsing history.
- And any other information necessary for the provision of services.
The personal information we collect is provided to us through online donations, registration forms for our newsletter, online forms or other ways of communication or interactivity with our website.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used for the purpose of processing and receipting a donation, registration to an information session or activity of the organization, to follow up on information requests, or to communicate with you and answer your questions, including through our newsletter or other promotional materials.
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to its processing in accordance with our current policy and you authorize Microcrédit Montréal and, where applicable, its financial partners to process your data in accordance with the Privacy Act and for the purposes established in this policy. In other words, if the processing of your file or submission requires the collaboration of others, such as our partners, we may need to share your personal data with them. However, we will inform you of this situation and make sure they understand and respect your rights.
It is also important to know that your personal data is not offered for sale to third parties. However, if required by law, we may be required to share your data with the courts or the government.
The information collected is used for the following purposes: processing your quote request, information on funding opportunities or for promotional offers, personalized advice and services. In addition, except under the Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector, Microcrédit Montréal will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except for its financial partners.
Microcrédit Montréal also uses Google Analytics as part of Web analytics to measure audience and analyze visits to its website. It is important to note that Google operates servers located in other countries on which web analytics data may be processed. Therefore, this data may be subject to the laws in force in the country where it is processed. And, for more information on the privacy policies of these service providers, please visit their websites or use the following link:
To monitor visitors’ use of the Site microcreditmontreal.ca for web analytics, both Google Analytics requires the use of digital markers commonly known as “cookies”. If you wish to stop collecting data collected during your visits to the site, you can:
- Or download a plug-in from the Adobe or Google website and install it in your browser to block the use of your data related to your visit.
Sharing your personal information
Microcrédit Montréal will not provide or share your personal information with third parties without your prior authorization, unless: (i) sharing the information is necessary to process a donation, or (ii) we are required by law.
Right of access and withdrawal of your personal information
We are committed to offering you the right to access and withdraw your personal information. These rights allow you to consult, correct, modify, or withdraw any personal information. We will accommodate your request promptly, within the limits of applicable laws.
- Request for access to personal information (fr)
- Request for correction of personal information (fr)
- Request to remove personal information from a nominative list (fr)
To exercise these rights, you can contact Microcrédit Montréal’s Executive Director at the following:
- Address : 3680 rue Jeanne-Mance, office 319, Montréal H2X 2K5
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 514-843-7296 ext.221
- Website section: http://www.microcréditmontréal.ca/contact